Improvements in the RotoPac
KenBay has recently made a number of significant enhancements and improvements to their worldwide workhorse industrial waste rotary compactor, the RotoPac to keep pace with changes in the marketplace. With increase demand over the last year, KenBay found it necessary to upgrade to a manufacturing partner who could meet the demand while continuing to upgrade, improve and enhance our compactors to achieve customer’s zero waste objectives.
The RotoPac was designed over 20 years ago in Ireland to provide maximum waste compaction (6 to 1) with a small footprint (51” x 61”) in the space-starved manufacturing facilities of Europe. This was achieved through the unique design of a distributor that provided hydraulic power to a drum that continually rotated and swept, ultimately applying continuous compaction to waste through higher than expected torque. The waste is compacted in polyethylene bags on average weighing over 500 lbs. Its design was made simple to use and maintain, delivering longevity of use.
Since its inception, thousands of RotoPac Industrial Waste Compactors have been installed worldwide, usually by repeat customers in various facilities and warehouse location because of the machine’s ability to deliver on it promises — achieving and exceeding its design goals. Many enhancements and improvements have been made over the years resulting in a range of compactors for many different applications and different environments. Our compactors are now made exclusively in North America for the global market.
Not all the enhancements and improvements made to the RotoPac over the past year can be shown in pictures. However, the following pictures show just one simple improvement where the electronic controls were separated from the hydraulics to reduce maintenance and improve accessibility to each.
Enhancements to the RotoPac
Many enhancements made to the RotoPac this past year that improve ease of use, longevity and operational integrity are listed below:
- Increased chrome hardening of distributor shaft and significantly improved seals
- PLC provides relay that allows the RotoPac to automatically synch up with other equipment such as a trim system or conveyor.
- UL Listed Panels to exceed standards
- 24 Volt DC control voltage
- PLC with HMI touch screen provides increased functionality
- User friendly simplified controls
- Powder coated paint throughout
- Category 2 Safety Circuit
- Interior 90 degree angles have been changed to eliminate dust gathering
- New push button station, which is now a PLC, is integrated into the main cabinet.
- Rear tower now descends to the floor for greater strength and stability.
- Rear cabinet doors have been redesigned for greater structural integrity.
Loading door hinges are behind walls to remove dust gathering on them.