SeaPac Marine Waste Compactor
Oil rigs in the tropics present an extreme environment for equipment. The RotoPac SeaPac Marine Compactor is built to withstand these challenging conditions for oil rigs and for lesser environments, such as barges and ships, where less costly materials and components are used. Safety, ease of use and the environmental impact are design considerations in all KenBay marine waste compactor equipment and supplies. All marine equipment is made to comply with the appropriate standards.
There are a number of standards that exist worldwide to define the types and applicability of enclosures. In the United States those of the National Electrical Manufactures Association (NEMA) are the most prevalent; worldwide the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards are most prevalent. The RotoPac SeaPac complies with both standards.
For the NEMA rating the RotoPac SeaPac is NEMA 4X. NEMA 4X is defined as intended for indoor or outdoor use primarily to provide a degree of protection against corrosion, windblown dust and rain, splashing water, hose directed water and damage from ice formation.
The IEC uses a two-digit classification. The first digit defines the protection against ingress of solid foreign objects. The highest degree is 6. The RotoPac SeaPac meets that classification which is referred to as “Dust Tight.” The second digit defines the protection it provides against ingress of liquids with a range from 0 to 8. The RotoPac SeaPac rating of 7 indicates that it is rated for temporary “immersion in water.” Since it isn’t necessary to have the motor rated at 8 (for “continuous immersion in water”) the RotoPac SeaPac is built to the highest standards required for an IEC rating of IP67.
Some typical locations for this marine trash compactor are:
- Housing Platforms for the Oil Industry
- Chemical processing plants
Materials to be compacted vary:
- Food waste
- Aluminum Cans
- 50 pound sacks
- Other oil rig and ocean vessel waste
The RotoPac SeaPac adds these critical components to the standard RotoPac:
- 316L Stainless Steel Front door
- 316L Stainless Steel Loading door
- 316L Stainless Steel Compaction drum
- 316L Stainless Steel Compaction Arm
- 316L Stainless Steel Main Frame Assembly
- 316L Stainless Steel Cabinet Assembly
- All other components, door handles, etc. are 316L SS except Teflon bushings and slide strips. (Teflon will not corrode)
- NEMA 4X (oil, dust and waterproof) LEESON High Efficient SS motor
- NEMA 4X (oil, dust and waterproof) control panel-silicon sealed from the elements.
- NEMa 4X (oil, dust and waterproof) electrical specs-stainless steel wire
- 316L Stainless Steel Hood
RotoPac SeaPac marine garbage compactor is also available with part galvanized components or complete 304 Stainless Steel.