Waste from Rejected Products Case Studies
Finding a solution for waste removal from the factory floor frees space, improves workflow, reduces forklift travel and maintenance, results in ROI of less than one year.
As the maintenance manager of the Purolator Filters North America location in Fayetteville, NC, Ray, deals with an over abundance of paper in his workplace everyday. Essentially, excess paper products and bad filters are constantly accumulating throughout the facility, which generates an obvious disposal need.
“We were hauling dumpsters around to handle all the garbage generated by these filter by-products,” state Ray. “Not only was it inefficient from a workflow perspective, but we had to worry about blocking our distribution docks in constantly transporting these dumpsters to be emptied.”
This led Ray to consider several options, but ultimately he and Purolator chose to purchase two of KenBay’s RotoPac industrial trash compactors. Purolator now experiences a number of benefits, including:
- Greater floor safety with reduced fork truck traffic
- Fork truck travel times throughout the plant were reduced, which meant less maintenance was needed for their fleet.
- Lower hauling costs.
- Less dumpster space means more workspace and a less crowded production floor.
- Previously, the plant was dumping six dumpsters throughout the plant 32 times per day. Now they only need to dispose of the bagged bundles from the compactors five or six times per day
- A return on investment of about one year.
They have a much happier plant manager thanks to a safer, cleaner work environment.
- Challenge: Destruction of cigarettes that are rejected by QA. Client needed complete destruction of cigarettes in cartons full of packs, packs and individual loose cigarettes so people would not scour dumpster/landfills trying to find and use cigarettes.
- Solution: The RotoPacCrushPac was installed.
- Result: Assured complete destruction of all cigarettes. Client is thrilled with the machine.