Waste from Food Processing Environment Case Studies
- Challenge: Need to easily dispose of cardboard boxes in which meat is shipped and content is dumped into meat grinder.
- Solution: A RotoPacSacPac industrial waste compactor was placed next to the meat grinder so that when a person empties content into the meat grinder he/she simply throws empty boxes into the customized waste compactor, the SacPac.
- Result: About 700 lbs. of cardboard is compacted by the SacPac into a 1.8 cubic yard plastic bag for removal by forklift. No labor is required in getting rid of cardboard that is then recycled. NOTE: Because the SacPac rotary arm compactor fits in small spaces, operator was able to take the box off the conveyor, dump its contents into the meat grinder and dispose of the empty box without taking a step.
- Challenge: The debris from unpacking the raw material from 6 production lines operating 2 shifts per day reduced the company’s efficiency.
- Solution: They selected the KenBay RotoPac industrial compactors with its continuous compaction to receive and compact the debris at the source of the waste, i.e., at the start of each production line where the raw materials were unpacked.
- Result: The waste compacted into large polyethylene filled bags weighing over 500 lbs are then removed by forklift eliminating any manual labor involvement.