Pharmaceutical Industry Case Studies
- Challenge: Two production lines produced a voluminous amount of waste, clogging their facilities. One line was generating 6 gaylords of shrink-wrap per day. Maintenance workers were spending too much time carting and removing the waste. The other line required the collection and compaction of aluminum.
- Solution: A standard rotary arm RotoPac was placed at the end of each line.
- Challenge: Combustible dust was being generated in a process area where considerable waste was produced.
- Solution: The RotoPacBlastPac a hazardous and explosive environment waste compactor was installed.
- Result: Met Class II, Division II dust requirements.
- Challenge: Having an employee hit by a forklift can be a huge unforeseen expense. Luckily it was a small accident that prompted a pharmaceutical giant to bring in 2 RotoPac hazardous and explosive environment waste compactors. Prior to that, gaylords (small boxes) were placed all around the production facility and forklifts constantly drove through the production lines to remove them.
- Solution: Placed a RotoPac on the plant floor
- Result: A big savings achieved by the safety it provided by reduced forklift traffic. Client is able to compact empty toothpaste boxes instead of staging them which takes up floor space, as well as compacting plastic film so it can be recycled. The RotoPacs eliminate all the bins and staged trash in the loading dock area creating a lot of extra room for unloading and loading trailers.