Hazardous Waste Case Studies
- Challenge: They were spending too much time on disposing of masking tape and plastic associated with receiving and painting aircraft in for maintenance and re-finishing. Since these materials are contaminated they had to be packaged in such a way as to meet environmental requirements. They were paying their hauler too much for its deposal.
- Solution: Their Quality Control Manager, after doing research contacted KenBay who recommended the RotoPac. Premium is finding that the RotoPac is very effective in accepting and compacting large sheets of plastic along with masking tape into environmentally approved bags.
- Result: They average between 600 and 700 lbs. of compacted waste material per bag. Premier found they are paying for the RotoPac in one year from the savings they are accruing from their hauler. They are very pleased with the performance of the RotoPac.
United States Navy:
- Challenge: Cost of disposing of hazardous waste in tri-wall boxes produced by their paint shop doing repair to aircraft.
- Solution: A RotoPacHazPac with its 6 to 1 compaction was installed.
- Result: The high compaction reduced the number of tri-wall boxes needed by a factor of 6 and significantly hauling costs producing a savings of $29,000 per year.