50 lb Sack Case Studies
- Challenge: Dust from two separate facilities compacting 50-pound sacks containing resin. The dust needed to be contained within the compaction process.
- Solution: Using the RotoPacs with hoods, during good production times, several people are feeding the 50lb bags into the RotoPac.
- Result: It takes about 6 hours to fill one industrial waste compactor RotoPac bag. When full, a 4’x4’x4’ compacted bag weighs 475 lbs holds 800 (empty 50lb) sacks! It takes about 10-12 seconds for the RotoPac to compact 15 -20 sacks. NOTE: These numbers came directly from the customer.
- Challenge: 50lb sacks being opened and their contents dumped into blenders on mezzanine level while bags were placed into numerous dumpsters before being removed from the area.
- Solution: Placed the RotoPac rotary arm compactor on the ground level and attached an additional push button station (On -Off-Run button) up to the mezzanine. Operators can open the sacks and then place them into a chute that drops into the commercial trash compactor RotoPac™. Trash can still be put into the RotoPac on the ground level.
- Result: High compaction ratios produced with the RotoPac industrial trash compactor greatly reduced the number of dumpsters and their movement on the floor. This improved safety, reduced labor and provided a cleaner operation.
- Challenge: The need to reduce forklift traffic in the production area. At any time during the day client will have up to 30 forklifts in operation. Two forklifts are used exclusively to transport trash from all machines to the dumpster. Two blenders sit on each mezzanine where an operator at each blender opens 50lb sacks containing baking ingredients. Once the sacks were opened they were thrown into the chute and dropped to a dumpster sitting on the ground level. With each blender, one forklift would make twenty trips from one end of the building to the other removing bags.
- Solution: Client brought in four RotoPacs and placed one at each mezzanine.
- Result: Now each blender is able to compact a days worth of trash into one KenBay bag. Now instead of 20 fork lift trips to the dumpster per day, the forklift only needs to go once.